By Vishal Mangalwadi
Understand the place we got here from.
Whether you are an avid scholar of the Bible or a skeptic of its relevance, The e-book That Made Your World will remodel your belief of its impression on almost each aspect of Western civilization.
Indian thinker Vishal Mangalwadi unearths the non-public motivation that fueled his personal examine of the Bible and systematically illustrates how its precepts turned the framework for societal constitution during the final millennium. From politics and technology, to academia and know-how, the Bible's sacred reproduction turned the foremost that unlocked the Western mind.
Through Mangalwadi's wide-ranging and engaging research, you will discover:
- What brought on the West's ardour for medical, scientific, and technological advancement
- How the biblical suggestion of human dignity informs the West's social constitution and the way it intersects with different worldviews
- How the Bible created a fertile floor for girls to discover social and fiscal empowerment
- How the Bible has uniquely built the West to domesticate compassion, human rights, prosperity, and powerful families
- The function of the Bible within the transformation of education
- How the fashionable literary suggestion of a hero has been formed by way of the Bible's archetypal protagonist
Journey with Mangalwadi as he examines the origins of a civilization's greatness and the faulty ideals that threaten to solve its development. Learn how the Bible reworked the social, political, and spiritual associations that experience sustained Western tradition for the previous millennium, and become aware of how secular corruption endangers the soundness and toughness of Western civilization.
“This is an incredibly major piece of labor with large international implications. Vishal brings a well timed message.” (Ravi Zacharias, writer, strolling from East to West and past Opinion)
“In well mannered society, the mere point out of the Bible usually introduces a definite degree of tension. a significant dialogue at the Bible can convey outright contempt. for this reason, it's so much clean to come across this attractive and trained review of the Bible’s profound impression at the sleek global. the place Bloom laments the final of the yankee brain, Mangalwadi brings a fresh optimism.” (Stanley Mattson, founder and president, C. S. Lewis Foundation)
“Vishal Mangalwadi recounts heritage in very huge strokes, regularly utilizing his cross-cultural views for highlighting the various advantages of biblical ideas in shaping civilization.” (George Marsden, professor, college of Notre Dame; writer, Fundamentalism and American Culture)